Privacy and Security Statement
Thank you for visiting the Central Arkansas Development Council’s website and reviewing our privacy and security statement.
CADC is strongly committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information and the security of our computer systems. With respect to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, CADC makes every effort to ensure compliance with applicable Federal law, including, but not limited to, the Privacy Act of 1974, the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, and the Freedom of Information Act.
As a general rule, CADC does not collect personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. The information we receive depends upon what you do when visiting our site.
If you visit our site to read or download information, we collect and store the following information:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, "chartermi.net").
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site.
- The state and/or country from which you are connecting directly to our site.
- The Search Engine you used to connect directly to our site.
The above information is used by software programs on our website to create summary statistics which allow us to assess the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, identify what information is of most and least interest, determine technical design specifications, monitor system performance, and help us make our site more useful to visitors.
If you identify yourself by sending an E-mail containing personal information:
You also may decide to send us personally identifying information, for example your mailing address, in an electronic mail message requesting that information be mailed to you. Information collected in this manner is used solely for responding to requests for information. We may forward you email to a staff person that can best assist you.
If you link to other sites outside CADC:
We will not sell or rent your personal information to companies or individuals outside of CADC. If you are making a purchase or donation, we will not share your full credit card number. CADC does not retain credit card or other payment identification information on our servers.
In addition, we will only share your personal information with other companies or individuals outside of CADC in the following circumstances:
- As necessary to process your transaction and maintain your account. As with any credit card payment, if you process a credit card transaction through the service, we need to share some information (for example, your name and credit card number) with the banks and other entities in the financial system that process credit card transactions. Some sellers require that their buyers provide a telephone number in order to process a transaction. In those cases, we will share your telephone number with the merchant, and you will be notified of that sharing before you complete your transaction.
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information. We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of CADC, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- If you are using a credit card issued by the merchant you are making a purchase from (a “private label credit card”), that merchant will receive your entire credit card number in association with your purchase.
We may share aggregated non-personally identifiable information with third parties. For example, we may disclose that a certain percentage of our users have a billing address in a particular geographic area, or that a certain percentage of users use a particular type of credit or debit card. However, if we do share this aggregated information, we do not include personally identifiable information without your explicit opt-in consent or in the limited circumstances described above.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical and technical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. For example, your credit card number will always be stored in an encrypted form (except when you provide it to us in a communication outside of our web page interface).
The security of your account also depends on keeping your account password confidential, and you should not share your account name or password with anyone. If you do share your account information with a third party, they will have access to your account and your personal information.
For security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, our website also employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996.
Central Arkansas Development Council, as developer and manager of this website has taken a number of steps to safeguard the integrity of its data and prevent unauthorized access to information that is maintained in agency computer systems. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information, ensure the integrity of information that is transmitted between users, and to provide reasonable protection of private information that is in our possession.
For security purposes and to make sure this service remains available to all users, CADC uses special software programs for monitoring and auditing network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise to cause damage to this computer system. CADC also uses industry-standard software tools to control access to specific applications and services and to protect data that is transmitted electronically between users and CADC. These programs help us identify someone attempting to tamper with this Web site.
WARNING -- If security monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, information pertaining to such activity may be provided to law enforcement officials.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on CADC’s website are strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and Title 18 U.S.C. Sec.1001 and 1030.
The information contained in this policy statement should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal, or other advice, or warranting as fail proof, the security of information provided via the web sites of individual agencies.
CADC maintains this web site to enhance public access to CADC information. This is a service that is continually under development. While we try to keep the information timely and accurate, we make no guarantees. We will make an effort to correct errors brought to our attention.
The documents on this server contain hypertext pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. Please be aware that we do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of this outside information. Further, the inclusion of pointers to particular items in hypertext is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to endorse any views expressed or products or services offered by the author of the reference or the organization operating the server on which the reference is maintained.
For more information, including to request a return or refund, contact CADC by calling
CADC Planning and Development (Customer Service)
PO Box 580
722 Gaunt Street
Benton, AR 72018
All contributions to CADC are tax-deductible. Refunds may be requested by contacting the above address within 90 days of receipt.