Free electronic filing will be offered at the following locations and times:
· City of Jacksonville, 109 South Second Street in Jacksonville. Call 501-982-0026 to schedule an appointment.
· Arkansas Workforce Center of Little Rock, 5401 South University. Call 501-320-1908 to schedule an appointment.
· Esther D. Nixon Library, 703 West Main Street in Jacksonville. The site will be open Saturdays 9:30 am until 2 pm on Feb. 2, 9, 23; March 2, 9, 16 and April 6. Walk ins are welcome.
· Dee Brown Library, 6325 Baseline Road in Little Rock. The site will be open Saturdays, 10 am until 2 pm on Feb 2, 23; March 2, 23, 30; and April 6. Walk ins are welcome
· Promiseland Ministries, 4520 South University in Little Rock. The site will be open Saturdays 10 am until 2 pm on Feb. 2, 9, 16, 23; March 2, 9; April 6 and 13. Walk ins are welcome. For an appointment, call 501-681-7979.
· North Little Rock Community Center, 2700 Willow Street in North Little Rock. The site is open Tuesdays only 9am until 1 pm beginning Feb. 5 thru April 9. Walk ins are welcome.
· World Services for the Blind, 2811 Fair Park Boulevard. The site is open Saturdays 10 am until 2 pm, February 9 thru April 13. Walk ins are welcome. Appointments may also be made by calling 501-307-6184.
· Bancorp South, 300 North Jackson in Magnolia. Call 870-901-2215 to schedule an appointment.
· Super Tax Filing Day, Saturday, February 16, 10 am until 2 pm, CADC Magnolia Office, 1503 North Vine. Call 870-901-2215 to schedule an appointment.
· Huie Library, Henderson State University, 1100 Henderson Street in Arkadelphia. Call 870-867-0151 to schedule an appointment.
Hot Spring County
· Malvern/Hot Spring County Library, 202 East Third Street in Malvern. Call 501-332-5441 to schedule an appointment.
· CADC SCAT Office, 158 Senior Drive in Mt. Ida. Call 870-867-0151 to schedule an appointment.
· CADC Glenwood Senior Activity Center, 229 Betty Street in Glenwood. Call 870-867-0151 to schedule an appointment.
· Ouachita Valley Business and Technology Center, 625 Adams Avenue. Call 870-867-0151 for an appointment.
· Fordyce Civic Center, 101 Main Street in Fordyce. Call 870-867-0151 to schedule an appointment.
· El Dorado Connections/RSVP, 826 Camp Street in El Dorado. Call 870-639-3782 to schedule an appointment.
· CADC Senior Activity Center, 210 Jefferson in Benton. The site is open Mondays and Tuesdays, 7:30 am until 2:30 pm, and walk-ins are accepted.
· Bob Herzfeld Memorial Library, 1800 Smithers Drive in Benton. The site open for appointments only. Call 501-778-1133 to schedule an appointment.
· Super Tax Filing Day will be held Saturday, February 9, 9 am until 2 pm at the CADC Bryant Senior Activity Center, 6401 Boone Road #3 in Bryant. Walk-ins are welcome.
Many low-wage workers will qualify for the Earned Income Credit (EIC) for the first time because their income declined or they became unemployed. Tax refunds through the EIC and Child Tax Credit can help low- and moderate-income families cover day-to-day expenses such as utilities, rent, and child care. Families with three or more children also get an extra boost with a larger EIC this year. For workers with three or more children who earned less than $45,060 (single parent) or less than $50,270 (married) in 2012, they may qualify for up to $5,891 in Earned Income Tax Credit, if they qualify.
The IRS estimates that three out of four persons who apply for the credit qualify. CADC tax volunteers can help determine if you qualify for that or other credits.
At CADC tax sites, IRS-certified volunteer tax preparers work one-on-one with families and individuals to help file their tax returns and ensure that they receive the tax credits for which they qualify. Sites also provide information on financial education classes and saving with US Savings Bonds. Customers can split refunds into multiple accounts, or if they don't hold a bank account, can receive their refund on a debit card.
Persons utilizing the sites should bring their family's Social Security Cards, picture ID, W-2/1099s, a copy of last year's return, bank account information for direct deposit or splitting a refund to several accounts, and any other pertinent information.
CADC is a private nonprofit community action agency that was formed in 1965 to fight and win the “War on Poverty.” The mission of CADC is to improve the quality of life and build strong communities in Arkansas. For more information, please contact CADC at 501-778-1133.