You are hereHome ›
Improving the Quality of Life
Central Arkansas Development Council is a private nonprofit community action agency. CADC is a local force in the War on Poverty. CADC provides a hand-up, promoting self-help in our neighborhoods and for our families. We are committed to providing opportunities for empowerment for individuals, families and communities. More than 25,000 persons have joined with CADC in achieving a shared vision of success.
CADC strives to ensure that:
- Low income people will become more self-sufficient.
- The conditions in which low-income people live are improved.
- Low income people will own a stake in their community.
- Partnerships among supporters and providers of service to low-income people are achieved.
- CADC will increase its capacity to achieve results.
- Low-income people, especially vulnerable populations, will achieve their potential by strengthening family and other supportive systems.
CADC envisions achieving those goals through the implementation of its Basic Values and Principles, which state:
- Society has a responsibility to assist its poor, frail, and vulnerable members.
- All persons (customers, staff, board, volunteers, and citizens) should be treated with dignity and respect in an environment safe from physical, mental, or emotional harm.
- All persons have a basic right to food, clothing, safe shelter, and opportunities for self-sufficiency and self-determination.
- All persons receiving services from CADC deserve the highest quality possible.
- We have a responsibility not only to work to help families out of poverty, but also to create a community in which all individuals and families can flourish.
- Personal responsibility of customers, staff, board, and volunteers is a legitimate expectation.
- As we continually strive for excellence, CADC should operate with honesty and integrity and remain worthy of trust.
- Cooperation and collaboration will be our primary means of serving our constituents; and, when necessary, we will compete aggressively for resources to fulfill our mission.
- To fulfill our mission, public and private resources are necessary; therefore, CADC proudly seeks private donations and the contributions of time and talent from the community.