Improving the Quality of Life
The mission of CADC is to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty, to help vulnerable populations achieve their potential and to build strong communities in Arkansas through community action.
Central Arkansas Development Council is a private nonprofit community action agency. CADC is a local force in the War on Poverty. CADC provides a hand-up, promoting self-help in our neighborhoods and for our families. We are committed to providing opportunities for empowerment for individuals, families and communities. Learn more about our services here. More than 22,000 persons have joined with CADC in achieving a shared vision of success.
CADC strives to ensure that:
- Low income people will become more self-sufficient
- The conditions in which low-income people live are improved
- Low income people will own a stake in their community
- Partnerships among supporters and providers of service to low-income people are achieved
- CADC will increase its capacity to achieve results
- Low-income people, especially vulnerable populations, will achieve their potential by strengthening family and other supportive systems.
CADC envisions achieving those goals through the implementation of its Basic Values and Principles, which state:
- Society has a responsibility to assist its poor, frail, and vulnerable members.
- All persons (customers, staff, board, volunteers, and citizens) should be treated with dignity and respect in an environment safe from physical, mental, or emotional harm.
- All persons have a basic right to food, clothing, safe shelter, and opportunities for self-sufficiency and self-determination.
- All persons receiving services from CADC deserve the highest quality possible.
- We have a responsibility not only to work to help families out of poverty, but also to create a community in which all individuals and families can flourish.
- Personal responsibility of customers, staff, board, and volunteers is a legitimate expectation.
- As we continually strive for excellence, CADC should operate with honesty and integrity and remain worthy of trust.
- Cooperation and collaboration will be our primary means of serving our constituents; and, when necessary, we will compete aggressively for resources to fulfill our mission.
- To fulfill our mission, public and private resources are necessary; therefore, CADC proudly seeks private donations and the contributions of time and talent from the community.
A Statement from the Executive Director
For 50 years, CADC has delivered the promise of community action – changing people’s lives, embodying the spirit of hope, improving communities and making America a better place to live.
At CADC, our role is to develop and deliver the programs and services that can meet the needs of hard-working low income families and rural communities. It’s our mission and purpose to encourage and empower each person to take action, identify problems, create solutions, and generate results in the war on poverty.
CADC believes that to have a significant impact on poverty, we must continue to expand educational opportunities; develop and deliver the best support for the advancement of our elderly and our youth, advocate for change with our public officials, and educate our stakeholders about the needs of our hard-working neighbors and friends. We believe in the value of cultivating partnerships for long-term impact and maximizing the use of volunteers in meaningful efforts to assist the low income.
CADC is committed to making a brighter future for Arkansas. Join us in our effort.
A Statement from the Board Chair
CADC strives for excellence in the achievement of its mission through the maximum feasible participation of all persons served by the agency. The CADC Board of Directors meets that goal through the involvement of board members representing the low-income, through participation from public officials, and from the input of local community and business leaders.
The CADC Board of Directors works to ensure CADC takes a comprehensive and holistic approach to the delivery of social service programming in the 12-county service area. Through the help of dedicated staff and volunteers, and strong fiscal management, CADC is a leader in the state in fighting and winning the War on Poverty in Arkansas.
Thank you for your support. Together we can continue to deliver and develop quality programs and services.